Teriyaki Shrimp Lettuce Cups
(Yields 4 servings)
- 1 lb medium fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 (5 oz can) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup of Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce (THTS)
- Lettuce (Romaine, Bib, Iceburg) cored, separated into lettuce cups
- In a medium bowl or resealable bag, combine shrimp
and THTS. Coat all shrimp.
- Seal bag or cover bowl, let marinate
in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil
over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, green onions, and water chestnuts;
cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and marinade and cook for 3 minutes,
or until shrimps are pink.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture down center of 1 lettuce leaf.
- Fold bottom edge and sides up and overfilling.
- Repeat with remaining lettuce leaves
and shrimp filling.
- Add additional THTS as desired. Serve Immediately.