Teriyaki Steak Stir Fry
(Yields 6 servings)
(Use Fresh Produce Only!)
- 1 large onion, sliced or diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, sliced or julienned
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 bunch broccoli, separate and trim stalks to desired length
- 1 pint prepared mushrooms, slice if necessary
- 1 4oz. can water chesnuts, sliced, drained
- 1 4 oz. can bamboo shoots, sliced, drained
- 4 tbsp cooking oil (canola, vegetable or peanut)
- ¾ cup Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
- 6 cups Brown or White Rice
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- Prepare rice as directed on the package. Keep warm.
- Prepare your wok or large saute pan by
turning on the heat to medium-high.
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Once the oil is warm, add beef sirloin strips until brown.
Depending on the thickness of strips, approx 2-3 minutes.
- Remove beef from the wok and set aside.
- Add remaining oil.
When the oil is heated, add broccoli, onions,
mushrooms, squash, carrots. Stir fry until soften.
- Add remaining vegetables and continue to stir fry
until all vegetables have the desired doneness.
Do not overcook for best results.
- Add Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce and
quickly stir to coat vegetables evenly.
Serve immediately over rice.
- Add additional sauce for flavor if desired.
Optional for additional flavor:
Prior to cooking, marinate the beef sirloin strips
in ¾ cup Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
in a plastic resealable bag for 1-4 hours
or overnight for best results, turning occasionally.
Reserve the marinade for later use.