Asian Teriyaki Chicken Salad
(Yields 4 servings)
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into large strips
- Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 large bunch or prepared salad bag of romaine lettuce,
chilled, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- Rice noodles or Fried Wontons (see recipe)
- Salad dressing, (recipe follows)
- Place chicken breast strips in a bowl, pour teriyaki
sauce over them, and coat well. Cover, and refrigerate
for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct heat.
- Grill chicken, turning, until done. Recommended temperature
of 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken. Remove to
a cutting board, cool, and cut on the thin diagonal strips.
- Optional: In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over
medium-high heat. Cut wonton wrappers into strips.
Fry wonton strips until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, grilled chicken slices,
water chestnuts, sesame seeds, sliced almonds,
and mandarin oranges. Pour 1/2 dressing over salad,
and toss gently. Top with Chinese noodles or fried wontons.
Use additional dressing as desired.
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup s extra virgin olive oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
Whisk the first 4 ingredients together until sugar is dissolved.
Slowly stream oil while continuing to whisk until all dissolved. Add onions and stir.
Cover and allow to sit, whisk again before serving.
- ½ (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers, sliced into strips
- Canola for frying
- Heat oil in sautee pan or wok. When hot, carefully
add wontons and fry until crispy.
- Remove and drain on a prepared paper towel/dish.