Grilled Pork Tenderloin
(Yields 4 servings)
- 1 to 1.5 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 2 cups of Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce (THTS)
- Use a fork to make indentations throughout the pork.
- In a large bowl or a large resealable plastic bag,
add the pork tenderloin and THTS.
- Seal the bag or in the bowl, making sure to coat the pork.
If using a bowl, cover the bowl, and marinate
the pork in the refrigerator, turning at least once,
for 1 hour, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat grill on high to reach a hot grill,
then reduce heat to medium.
- Remove pork from the bag and discard sauce.
- Place the tenderloin on the hot part of the grill
and sear each side which will help to
produce a juicy tenderloin.
- Turn down the grill heat, and if using a charcoal grill,
move the tenderloin to the cooler side of the grill.
This will slow-cook the meat, 6-10 minutes
until it is done all the way through,
without burning the outside.
- Cook until the thermometer reads recommended
degrees of 155 for pork.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
The meat will continue to cook and the juices will
redistribute through the meat. After this, the pork
is usually at FDA recommended 160 degrees when served.