Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
(Yields 6 servings)
(Use Fresh Produce Only!)
- 1 large onion, sliced or diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 bunch broccoli, separate and trim stalks to the desired length
- 1 pint prepared mushrooms, slice if necessary
- 1 4 oz. can water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1 4 oz. can bamboo shoots, sliced, drained
- 4 tbsp cooking oil (canola, vegetable, peanut)
- 3/4 cup Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
- 6 cups Brown or White Rice
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Prepare rice as directed on the package. Keep warm.
- Prepare your wok or large saute pan by
turning on the heat to medium-high.
Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Once the oil is warm add chicken strips until brown.
Depending on the thickness of strips, approx 2-3 minutes.
Remove chicken from wok and set aside.
- Add remaining oil. When the oil is heated,
add broccoli, onions, mushrooms, squash,
carrots and stir fry until soften.
- Add remaining vegetables and continue
to stir fry until all vegetables have
the desired doneness. Do not overcook for best results.
- Add Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce and
quickly stir to coat vegetables evenly.
- Serve immediately over rice.
Add additional sauce for more flavor if desired.
Optional for additional flavor:
Prior to cooking, marinate the chicken strips
in ¾ cup Truly Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
in a plastic resealable bag for 1-4 hours
or overnight, turning occasionally.
Reserve the marinade for later use.